Eligible Properties - Portaferry Townscape Heritage Initiative
|Address:||10-12 High Street|
|Owner:||Mr Danny Magee|
|Existing Use:||Commercial / Residential|
|Date of Construction:||Mid 19th Century|
|Heritage Merit:||Conservation Area|
|Listed Building Reference:||Not Applicable|
Mid 19th century, possibly earlier origins. Formerly two private dwellings, No.10 with carriage arch, later combined to form a single property. The Patrick O’Hare map of 1799 shows the site to be occupied by two dwellings, No.10 occupied by a William Agnew and No.12 by a Pat Smyth. The 1835 Ordnance Survey shows some ancillary buildings to the rear. Currently the Leprechaun public house.