Eligible Properties - Portaferry Townscape Heritage Initiative
|Address:||4 High Street|
|Existing Use:||Residential / Commercial|
|Date of Construction:||Mid 19th Century|
Built circa mid 19th century as single dwelling. The Patrick O'Hare map of 1799 shows the site occupied by a dwelling, then in the ownership of Widow Boyd. The 1835 Ordnance Survey map shows ancillary buildings to the rear. Latterly part of the extensive premises of Stewart & James Ltd builders merchant, hardware and soft furnishings shop. Vacant since circa 2000.