Eligible Properties - Portaferry Townscape Heritage Initiative
|Address:||2-4 Church Street|
|Owner:||Mr Michael Dorrian|
|Existing Use:||Commercial / Residential|
|Date of Construction:||Mid 19h Century|
|Heritage Merit:||B1 Listed Building|
|Listed Building Reference:||HB24/01/139|
A building, in the possession of Widow Moore, is shown on this site on Patrick O’Hare’s map of 1799. The valuation returns of 1838 tell us that the building on site at that stage was an old two storey house in possession of a James Porter. Given the irregular and awkward internal layout of the present property, it is possible that this building is actually that of 1838 raised a storey. In 1863 the resident is listed as an Elizabeth Little.